The experience will make a lasting impact on you
Be part of something worthwhile and you’ll enjoy:
- A short term income boost
- A job that's local to you
- Flexible working hours that fit around your current commitments
- The chance to work within your local community
- The opportunity to learn new skills and add valuable experience to your CV
- Job satisfaction from helping others
- Competitive salaries
- The opportunity to meet a wide range of people from all walks of life
- Health benefits from working outside
- A sense of pride from helping shape key decisions about the future of your local community.
We want you to feel confident, motivated and ready to complete your role in the 2019 Rehearsal. You'll be provided with all the knowledge and skills you need by completing our online learning, which means you can access it anytime that suits you. You can even complete it in stages to fit around other commitments. Digital learning will also be available after your role starts so that you can return to refresh your knowledge at any time.
For those undertaking a management role, you’ll also be invited to attend a workshop training session. This will provide you with the extra skills you need to hit the ground running.
Lessons for life
Persuasion and influencing skills, resilience and the ability to connect with people from all walks of life. These are just some of the skills you’ll learn that will stay with you wherever life takes you. As well as the more practical skills you’ll gain, you’ll find working on the census a unique and meaningful experience.
You’ll be in at the heart of your local community, understanding the diversity of the people who live there, and learning more about the challenges and issues they face, all while working to affect positive changes for the society around you. You may also discover where you can make a difference after the census - many people we employ continue to make an impact by taking on meaningful roles in the community, such as volunteering or working for their local council.