English (En)| Cymraeg (Cy)
Adecco

Census Co-ordinator (Supervisor)

Carlisle, Ceredigion, Hackney and Tower Hamlets

£16.76 p/h in London and £12.35 p/h in Carlisle and Ceredigion

Apply

Job Description

37 hours per week, Monday to Saturday between 9am and 8pm and Sundays and bank holidays between 10am and 4pm.

As a census co-ordinator (supervisor), you’ll be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the field operation in your assigned area. You’ll manage up to 12 census officers and will need support and motivate your team. You’ll work 60% of your hours in evenings and at weekends. The other 40% of your hours will be a mix of morning and afternoon time slots. You’ll report to the area operations manager.

We’ll provide you with the technical kit you’ll need to do your job.

Main responsibilities

 These will include:

  • Line managing a remote team, which you’ll lead and motivate during the operational period, using team meetings, performance management and coaching
  • Carrying out inductions for, and supporting, new members of staff
  • Getting to know your work area and the technology you’ll use
  • Being the main point of contact for your team members and keeping in touch with them regularly
  • Ensuring that procedures are followed properly and work is finished to timescales
  • Preparing for the start of your team and familiarising yourself with their roles
  • Resolving issues and incidents and escalating them through the appropriate channels
  • Providing accurate weekly progress reports to your manager and the HQ team, and liaising with them where required
  • Ensuring time and expenses sheets are accurate, before authorising them promptly
  • Ensuring confidentiality and security of census information at all times
  • Completing employee checklists at the end of the employment period, participating in debrief sessions and completing an evaluation report
  • Being able to travel throughout your assigned area, for example to deal with issues and attend meetings with staff and stakeholders
  • Managing any health and safety and human resources (HR) issues, such as sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance and dismissal procedures, supported by an HR advice centre
  • Managing your team members’ workloads and availability
  • Making sure your team use the field work management tool appropriately
  • Using management information reports to manage your team’s performance
  • Observing each member of your team in the field at least twice and providing coaching if needed
  • Maintaining staffing levels and dealing with any performance issues
  • Ensure sufficient supplies are available for your team

Essentials skills and experience

 You’ll need to:

  • Have proven line management experience, including effectively leading and motivating a team
  • Be well-organised and able to work to specific deadlines
  • Have proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and have the confidence to deal with the public and local community
  • Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to allocating resources and dealing with priorities
  • Have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
  • Be able to compile data and use IT equipment and systems (for example the internet, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel)
  • Be competent in using a mobile phone and laptop and have access to the internet
  • Have knowledge of your assigned area
  • Be able to understand and pass on detailed instructions effectively

 Main requirements

 You’ll need to:

  • Be prepared to use your home as an office and for storage (you’ll also need to let your insurance company know that you work from home)
  • Undertake training as required to achieve the necessary competencies and skills for the role
  • Be available to work your contracted hours to meet the needs of your team throughout the operation (you’ll need to be flexible as some of your hours will be in evenings, at weekends and on bank holidays)
  • Be able to receive supplies, assemble and distribute them accordingly
  • Be able to travel long distances
  • Be able to work independently with little supervision
  • Be available from 11 September 2019 until 8 November 2019

For roles located in Ceredigion, you’ll need to hold a current full UK driving licence and have the use of a motor vehicle (insured for business use) for which you’ll be paid a mileage allowance. For roles in all other locations, this would be advantageous but is not a requirement.